Thursday, February 19, 2009

If God sends us stony paths, He will provide us with strong shoes.—Alexander Maclaren

I don’t know about you, but I have certainly had my share of days when I felt tested to the max. Today is one of those days that it is hard to keep “a chin up” when so many things are weighing me down.

I have found that on those tough and stressful days, I am continually taught the art of letting go, and the art of faith. We can’t control everything—and when we try to do so, life gets heavy quickly. This simple quote is one of my favorite reminders. We are equipped to handle what life sends our way—we simply must learn from the lessons than can teach us, and remember to use the tools that are given to us.

If you like me are having one of those days; take a moment to reflect on trying times in your past and how you have pulled through. Make a list and pat yourself on the back for what you have overcome. Use this to inspire you when life gets tough. If you are in a tough situation today, remember to let go.

No comments: