Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Why not go out on a limb? That’s where all the fruit is”—Will Rogers

Take a moment to think about the times in your life when you felt the most esteemed, proud, excited, and fulfilled. What happened to create those feelings? Were you going through your day on auto-pilot and just doing the same-old, same-old? Or was something different?

I am going to take a wild guess that something was different. I am going to guess that when you felt that way, it was because you had reached further, discovered something new, challenged yourself, or taken a chance. And you surprised yourself by learning that chance, change and challenge can be good things. Feelings of esteem, pride, excitement, and fulfillment are derived from an “I CAN” attitude. An “I CAN” attitude leads to an “I DO” world.


Today’s quote reminds us that to reach life’s fruit, we have to go out on a limb and get it. We can sit and wait for it to come to us, but it could be a very long wait and there is no guarantee that we would ever get “fed.” What area of your life is calling for you to meet it halfway? What are you going to do about it?


Whether you think you "CAN" or you "CAN'T" your RIGHT!!

No comments: