"Life just is. You have to flow with it. Give yourself to the moment. Let it happen." Governor Jerry Brown
Today's quote offers some great advice. One of my biggest challenges has been relinquishing control. As a wife and mother and someone who likes to be evolved in many things. I have become someone who likes to control... EVERYTHING! Beware those who feel too much control, also often feel responsible for the feelings and/or actions of others. This is a difficult path to tread on.
Several years ago, I finally came to the slow realization that the only person I could control was myself. There were many people I wanted to help or influence, but ultimately, I can only put my "best" out there. Each person can then take it or leave it. I am not responsible for others' decisions or actions.
While relinquishing control is difficult, it is also extremely freeing. It's as if a weight lifts off of your shoulders when you truly internalize the fact that you are only accountable for you. The less time you spend trying to control external circumstances, the more time you can spend "giving yourself to the moment."
1 comment:
So true!!! I love it.
I can't get your music playlist or videos to play. I can't get MINE to play. Can you check and see if you can get mine to play? Not sure what is up with it!
Post a Comment