Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." ~ Pericles

I don't know why this quote stands out to me today, maybe it is because I go to the cadaver lab and look at dead bodies!! I love my anatomy class except for this part. I know it is good to see the anatomy of the body on a real body and it is good people give their bodies to science for us to learn, yata, yata, yata. It still bother me! So I have to think good thoughts and think about the wonderful lives these bodies lived. So this was a good quote for me today.

Today and every day
gives us an opportunity to "weave" our own positives into the lives of others. Each day, as we go about our business, we will interact with those both in and outside of our family. Each time we do, we leave a history. The type of history we leave is completely within our control.

No comments: