Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
~ Maya Angelou


My dear sweet sister-in-law Molly passed away at her home Last Night. Anyone who knows Molly knows how much she loved life and how full her life was. She has suffered with a brain tumor for 20 years. Just two weeks after she had given birth to her third daughter she found out the news of her brain tumor. Molly prayed fervently that her life could be spared to raise her daughters. Her prayer has been answered for her tumor stopped growing and she lived a very full life these past 20 years in raising her family. They lived in Hawaii while Steve was in the military and then they moved to Louisville Kentucky. The winter after Stephanie her youngest graduated from collage her tumor started growing again, she found a surgeon who operated and left her having to learn everything all over again. When she learned to feed herself again she celebrated, when she learned to walk again she celebrated, never loosing her great sense of laughter and love of people. Molly is loved by all who knew her. In 2000 she was the Mother of Young Children for the State of Kentucky, she and I spent a week at the National American Mother Convention in Portland Oregon, I never stopped laughing the whole week! Molly has been a great sister to me. We love you Molly, the brightness you brought to this life will be missed. I will always remember how you made me feel.





3 comments:

Jodi said...

Karen, I am so sorry to hear that. I remember you talking about her and I know how much you loved her. What a blessing she was able to raise her girls. That is one of those tender mercies for sure. Hold onto the memories...
Love, Jodi

Mel said...

Oh, Karen! I'm so sorry for your loss. What a great example she was of enduring to the end. Thank you for sharing her story.

Karla Christiansen said...

Karen,

I am so sorry! Your post shows your attitude, as usual positive and looking at things with a good perspective. We wish your family the best through this tough time.