Monday Makeover~~
"It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed." --Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard
What is on the list you mentally keep of "things that will make you happy?" I used to have a long list. I needed some more "me" time, I needed more one-on-one time with my husband or children or friends. I needed more money, or less debt. Interestingly, one of things that I have found that is most helpful in creating happiness right here and now is to throw out your list of "what I need to be happy."
Happiness isn't gained when we achieve something. When we achieve something, we gain only that which we were trying to achieve. Happiness is created, moment-to-moment, by choice. It isn't waiting anywhere for us: it is already here.
Let go of the concept that happiness comes with achievement. Realize that happiness is right here, right now. Commit to discovering it.
Monday Makeover~~~~~ Instead of expecting happiness, I create happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment