Sunday, November 23, 2008


Love it or Hate it?
This seems to be the question after the big weekend premier of the most talked about movie TWILIGHT! I did not realize how lucky I was to have been given a ticket to this most sought after movie!

It was about a year ago when my sister Kim told me she had a book that I had to read!! I have to admit I was a little skeptical after learning that it was a love story that involved a vampire! After all I am not into scary! But after her constant enthusiasm over these books I gave in and began to read. I quickly became intrigued with the characters and storyline. And yes, in no time at all I too was in love with Edward Cullen and the entire Cullen family. A family with high ideals, with a Father and a Mother, who teach their children high moral values and that to have self control is what will make them different than others of their kind, is quite refreshing with all the media influence to the contrary we have surrounding us.

As a mother I have to admit I would love to have my daughter date a vampire with a great since of self control that he strives to master on a daily basis!!!! Someone who is concerned with her physical well being, and would not want her hurt at any COST!

The movie was intense! It is surprising to me that through media so many emotions can be tapped! Yes, I felt as giddy as a young girl, and yes, by the end of the movie I was again fascinated with the Cullen Family ,and YES in love with a Vampire!!

My hope is that with all the hype of this book and movie and the intense feelings it brings about that we don’t forget the message of the Story!

That is, in a world where instant gratification is a way of life
that there can arise a little Cullen in all of us!!


Give me your vote Love it or Hate it?



Take the quiz! Which Cullen Heroine are you? I'm an Esme!
You are thoughtful and care very deeply for your family. A loving home is of great
importance to you and you always try to make people feel welcome. Although you have a great capacity to love, you also have a great capacity to hurt, so at times you can be
sensitive. You're firm when you need to be, but people trust your judgment and
appreciate the kind way you always handle things.
I'm a Esme! I found out through TwilightersAnonymous.com. Which Twilight Female Are You? Take the quiz and find out!
Take the Quiz and Share Your Results!

1 comment:

Time to Blog It Up! said...

I have read all the books, but have not been to see the movie yet. Your comments were interesting, I never looked at it that way. I've got really different feelings about the whole message from the books. I'm afraid I am not fond of vampires, Not so sure about losing your soul thing. (I was proud of my daughter for picking up on that and telling me that her family is so important she would not give them up forever like that, yea) Hmmmm but maybe werewolves don't sound so bad! lol..oh well it's just a book. I am looking forward to checking out the movie. thanks for sharing..Tamee