Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday Makeover!

"It is always too early to quit."
Norman Vincent Peale

L
ast week John and I were discussing how, when people find strength in unknown reserves,--and keep pushing forward despite the odds--they realize success. Almost every great success story has a "dark bottom," where hoping seemed difficult--if not crazy! Yet, it is in those times that we learn our true strength and develop the skill set and attitude that brings long-term success.

This is one of my most favorite Poams and I keep it near me and read when I want to quit!

Don't Quit
When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
--Anonymous





Monday Makeover~~
Print out today's poem and keep it handy for times when you need a reminder to "stick to the fight when you're hardest hit."
When things go wrong as they sometimes will, and the road ahead seems all uphill -- I may rest, but I'll never quit.

No comments: