Friday, February 27, 2009


Friday Memes:

Food for thought..............


Breakfast
Who was your childhood hero? My Grandmothers! I loved them both so very much! They lived close and I would go and stay with them for two weeks in the summertime! One week with my Grandmas Dora in the quiet town of Mayfield, UT. She would take me to visit her sisters, we would quilt, make cookies and watch soap operas! I would go home addicted to "Days of our Lives" . When I would go back home my mom would never let me watch so I would have to wait until the next summer to catch up! Grandma Dora was always dressed to the hilt with her hair all done up and ear rings on. Her home was immaculate, she taught me grace and poise. Grandma Ruth was just the opposite she was always on the go looking for someone to help and serve. If she saw a hitch-hiker on our route ( which happened twice when I was with her) she would stop pick them up, take them into town and buy them lunch and put them on the bus. My week with her was filled with, working in her garden, quilting, cooking and do Relief Society stuff. I think she was the Relief Society president for 25 years!! Two totally different women and I like to think I have a little of both of them in me!


Lunch
In your opinion what is the world's greatest invention so far? I would have to say the computer and the automobile! I also love my bread maker!!


Dinner
What time do you typically get up in the morning and what time do you usually go to bed? I wake up without an alarm almost every morning at 5:30am. On weekends I try to sleep in or at least stay in bed until 7:00am! I am usually in bed by 10:30 except weekend, it is harder and harder for me to stay up late!


Midnight Snack
What was your last thought? Spring is on its way!

Recipe for the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?
When you make a mistake, don’t look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.—Hugh White

to play along go hear.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am so behind on everything too! I just read about Kasey coming home! Is he doing okay? That has to be so hard not only for him but for YOU! HOw are you doing??? Send me an email when you get a chance!


Sounds like your grandmas's were awesome woman...no doubt where you got it from !!!

Love ya!

HUGS!♥