Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Goodness! Gracious! Great balls of Fire!!

What a crazy couple of days! And sooooooooooo many things to write about.
Lindsey's kids came to stay with me Thursday to Sunday. What a ride. What little busy bodies!! Thursday night I was up all night with poor little Ammon with an ear ache! The next day I took him to t
he Dr. to find out that it was a double ear infection poor guy. At one point in the night he said to me " aunt Karen, I hate this ear!" He is quite the kid. I had so much fun getting to know their little personalities. Abbie, is a great reader for a first grader she loved to read to me and to do craft projects, Ammon head strong yet such a charmer, he could talk me into about anything with those dimples! Jerom quiet and soft spoken and such a hugger. And little Racheal, little with a powerful personality! Such a drama queen in every since of the word, she is the boss of the family and puts everyone in their place, even Bella!!

On Saturday we had a baby shower for my niece Katie who is due in JULY! When I say we, I mean mostly Kim! I made the fruit salad and she did the rest!! What a cute mom Katie is going to be! The ultra sound predicted a BOY!!


After the shower we went to Yardib's Baptism. What a neat experience to be apart of. We have know Yardib for 5 years as a member of the soccer team. He is such a fun person to be around, always so happy and easy to get along with. Some of the team members challenged him to listen to the gospel message and he accepted. Daniel baptized him and other members of the team shared their testimonies and welcomed him in as not only a brother on their soccer team but now a brother in the gospel!

click on any picture to enlarge

Then on to another baptism of our sweet neighbor Jackie! She has been taking the discussion with us and the missionaries for a couple of months. She has such a sweet personality and took the message of the gospel easily. She is a great mom and wonderful wife and a great example to me. She asked John to baptize her. It was a neat and spiritual experience. First one in our new Stake Center.
Jackie and John after baptism

Yes a crazy and busy time! I love spending time with my nieces and nephews of all ages, they are a bright spot in my life! This has also been a great time for me to strengthen my testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for my knowledge of who I am and for the peace this brings.

1 comment:

kimchristiansen said...

wow how did you do it!!! oh i know;) super karen!!