Thursday, September 10, 2009



For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

On September 1st one year had passed since my wonderful, generous optimistic father passed from this life to the other. How I have missed him, yet at the same time felt him close by. Dad was the one I would call when I needed to share the events of my life! When Alex made student body officer my first thought was to call dad.......and then I remembered I couldn't. And so it as gone this year of firsts without one of the great stables in my life.

So I remember the memories: The waterfights, the horseback rides, the snicker bars and country time lemonade. The lessons learned and principles taught. The optimism in hard situations. The list goes on and on.

I pray he knows of my love, and my faith that we will be together again someday.........until then I will keep my chin up and focused on what is important in life, and remember you forever!

As always your favorite daughter!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful man. Although I never knew him, just the words you use to describe him tells me plenty.