
He got it RIGHT! I want to start off this post by saying that I have a wonderful husband who is thoughtful and caring and I have appreciated his all of his birthday gifts over the years. With that said, Mr. Cox has a hard time with the concept of gift giving......my first birthday gift (before we were married) was a flannel night gown! Yes, the kind that buttons to the neck and goes all the way to the ground!! Later, after we were married I quizzed him on that gift, he told me that he wanted me to stay warm at night!! Sweet, well the flannel nightgown was just the beginning of a long line of practical gifts from my man! So imagine my surprise when he called me last Wednesday to tell me he bought me tickets to BRAVO BROADWAY with the UTAH SYMPHONY!! Knock me off my feet! After twenty-three years of marriage he is finally starting to get me! I love the arts, I love to be wined and dined, which he did!! We both dressed up! He took me to the restaurant at the "Roof" in Salt Lake City, and then we went to the symphony! It was a night to remember!! Thank you honey!! I love going to ball games and being a crazed fan in the audience with you (ok, so I am the crazed one.....), but this gift filled my cup and showed me you get me, thanks for coming over to my side and enjoying the scenery with me!! I will always treasure this memory!!
2 comments:
That sounds fun..the more i think of it I think i am your daughter...I thought your b-day was on the 17? is it or am i wrong?? any how happy birthday early or late...
happy birthday to you!! What a fun gift and night together:) I bet the show was awesome!
Post a Comment