Tuesday, November 17, 2009



Celebrating 44 years of life!
Yes, I have a lot to celebrate! I am now in what society calls "middle age", which means I am in the middle of my life, or in the prime of life! Ok, so I don't have the body of a 20 year old, yet my body in my 20's was mostly spent pregnant or nursing, so I can't complain about having the body of my 20's! So I don't have the energy of my teenage years, but what is soooo bad about going to bed early????? I can eat dessert first, I can say no to PTA, have a ball with my little people and send them home...........I GUESS I AM IN THE PRIME OF LIFE!!!!

Last night we went to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday, it was really fun, I told my offspring ( I can't really call them my kids anymore!) that they could ask me any question about my past (brave!). After they got the questions like -- "Did you have colored TV and indoor plumbing?"--out of the way we had a fun discussion. They wanted to know how many boys I had kissed...............Pranks I had played..........times I got into trouble..........and life experiences I have had. In turn I asked them of their earliest memories as children and then we had a fun night reminiscing on all the great times we have had as a family.

So this morning as I lay awake in bed contemplating my life, (because who want to get up and exercise on their birthday??) I felt very blessed with the life I have lived thus far, and realized in the thinking that I still have a lot of life to LIVE!! So, because one day I hope my family will want to print this blog and have it published for posterity!! I decided for my birthday gift to them I would share some parts of me today!!

Things I love:

Rain.........warm rain.
Sunshine, sand and a beach.
Falling Leaves, the colors of fall.
Snow days! If I get to stay inside, by the fire and watch it out my window!
Walking on fresh powder snow when the sun is shinning and the snow is glistening.
Babies---the way they smell, kissing their feet!
Children, curious, busy, laughing..........
Teenagers

Things I do:

I fight passionately.
I love passionately.
I love learning.
I love reading.
I like sewing.
I clean when I need a stress relief.
I go to the movies when I don't want to think.
I like to get my hands dirty planting flowers.
I love sunsets.
I like to dance in the rain.
I prefer ice cream in a cone and chocolate with nuts.


Dreams

Travel to fun places.............the list is endless.
Laugh with my granddaughters.
Dance with my grandsons.
Deliver a baby.
Work in the ER.
Make a difference.
Watch a sunset, holding hands with my husband in our 80's.


2 comments:

The Southwicks said...

Karen,
Happy Birthday!! I think we will be partying on Monday. I am excited to get together and get a chance to visit again. You are such a great example to me. It's so fun to see you in this new stage of your life. I hope I love life as much as you do when I get there. You are a great friend. Hope you have a fabulous day!!

Springs Hollow Relief Society Presidency said...

happy birthday to you happy birthday auntie karen happy birthday to you..i just sang you happy birthday, glad you couldnt hear it! hope you had a great one!!