Saturday, August 27, 2011

25 year Anniniversary

I wrote the following post in June and was waiting to figure out John's new bloggie to post some pictures from our Salt Lake get-a-way celebration. But we recently got back from a trip to San Fransisco to finish our 25th year celebration so I didn't want to wait any longer to post.
Twenty Five Years of Wed-id BLISS! NOT!!
Okay well maybe!!


Well........ if I painted that kind of picture grandchildren that will be reading this one day, will have high expectations of marriage and not be able to live up to it!! ( my children know better because they live with us) So lets just say after twenty five years of married life, I have learned, laughed, loved and lived!! I am grateful everyday for the opportunity of being married to my best friend. A best friend is someone who sees your imperfections and loves you anyway, someone who forgives easily and loves unconditionally. I love having someone to share my dreams with and someone to share my fears with. Marriage is hard it takes work and dedication, it take a forgiving heart and a sense of humor, it is not for the faint of heart or the easily offended. I have learned many Christ like attributes that only marriage can teach and I am grateful everyday for opportunity to learn and grow with my sweet hubby John. :)

As I have been reminiscing over the past twenty five years of my life as a married women I came up with some great and wonderful memories.............

  • Our first date!
  • The first time he held my hand!
  • Our first kiss!!
  • How he looked at me as we knelt across an alter and committed to each other for Eternity.
  • Our honeymoon
  • Chasing me around or first apartment!
  • How he held me when we learned of our unborn baby's stillbirth.
  • His gentle and loving words as a new father at our babies funeral.
  • How he held my hand,wiped my brow and kissed my lips at the birth of each our four children.
  • Seeing him hold a tiny baby in his arms as if it might break
  • Getting up nights with our children.
  • Being so proud of each and every advancement our little ones would make
  • Family vacations
  • Teaching our children to ride their bikes together
  • Dancing in the rain
  • Making love under the stars!
  • Caring for me when sick
  • Sending me off to Hawaii for an American Mother convention while he stayed behind with the children
  • Date nights
  • Building me a home
  • Rubbing my tired feet at the end of a long day!
  • Going to the movies
  • Concerts in the park
  • Waiting up with me past a teen's curfew
  • Holding me when I cry
  • Setting goals and dreaming dreams with me
  • Watching him coach a child
  • Watching him lead and teach a child, a young women, a young man
  • Working hard to provide for me
  • Washing dishes along side me
  • Snuggling in bed on a cold winter night
  • Laughing
  • Loosing our dad's with in five days of each other.
  • The wedding day of our first son
  • Supporting me and loving me as I go back to school.
  • Learning to cook, so you can have a meal on the table when I get home after a long day
  • Praying with me
  • Holding my hand in Church
  • Encouraging me to keep going even when I don't think I can get back up
  • That look in your eye
  • The way you kiss my neck
  • Dreaming Dreams with me
And the list goes on..............and on as we begin creating the next 25 years together!!

The following are some picture from our California trip. We had a hard time deciding what we could do to celebrate with me in Summer semester. The weekend of our Anniversary John planned a fun over night get-away to Salt Lake. He reserved us a room at the Marriott downtown, they brought us complementary desert for our celebration! We had a romantic dinner at an Indian restaurant followed by a concert in the park. It was a fun and relaxing retreat! Then between summer semester and fall we took off to northern California not really having a plan just to drive and have a chance to talk see a new part of the country. We spent our first in at Lake Tahoe, it was our first time there and I don't think it will be our last! We fell in love with the beautiful lake and surrounding area. The rest of our trip we stayed in Oakland California across the bay from San Fransisco. We took our bikes and spent time on them touring San Fransisco. Fisherman's wharf, where we ate crab and yummy sour dough. WE rode our bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge and through China town. We ate a romantic dinner at an authentic Italian restaurant. And rode through Golden State Park. We certainly did our share of riding but it was a great way to get around. We really do love to travel and see fun places. It is also great to have alone time with my sweetie!!
Lake Tahoe

San Fransisco
Peri 39



Golden Gate Bridge





Oakland BridgeGolden Gate Park
Oakland LDS Temple

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a fun trip!! Congrats on 25 years, that takes alot of hard work and dedication. Good things don't come easy. Looks like riding your bike all around was good practice for your trip:)